Sunday, March 2, 2008

Culture mass


Sunday morning, the main library and over two hundred of this cities finest and brightest showing up for a book presentation. I came for one the actors reading from the book and for Rondas who introduced the novel, brilliantly, pleasantly, funny and lucid. The mayor and the Minister of Transport was present and a lot of well known people, professors, photographers, writers most of them from the same party. Political party that is. I felt like I was crashing a party, knowing some of the people but also knowing full well that I was beyond marginal. Good place to be. This morning was a celebration of high culture, a secular mass, slightly alienating but exactly what the doctor prescribed in order not to have to go through my recurrent childhood feelings of Kris Kristofferson's Sunday Morning coming down...

No comments:

Post a Comment