Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Skies



I wrote I was a arriving in a country with a new dawn. Jetlagged I have been waking up in the dark of night, checking on the progress of the stars dancing their circle around us. I like the gray of dawn, but I noticed that before that moment of the suggestion of light, the blackness seems to be charged. I cannot see a change but the announcement has been made. New energy seems to flow. That is the black of dawn. It ends with the white of dawn where everything is washed in a clean white light without color and then comes the magical moment when the east has a suggestion of color and then there is blue... followed by wild skies during the day. Glorious desert.

1 comment:

  1. Hows the Javelina treating your cactus this season? The library looks great.

    ReplyDelete