Saturday, May 9, 2015

Museum of Northern Arizona in Flagstaff

Whenever I stay in Chloride Arizona I make it a point to do the three hour drive to visit the Museum of Northern Arizona. That is not a punishment since I always drive the Route 66 then: Kingman, Hackberry, Seligman, sometimes a stop at Williams... This museum just as the Hopi Watchtower on the rim of the Grand Canyon and the Winslow train station "La Possada" where all build by Mary Jane Colter. She used natural materials and thus kept in tone and feeling with the surroundings. her buildings always make me feel good... The collection of the Museum of Northern Arizona is fantastic and I always find books in the museum shop.
Now this museum has been awarded the 2015 National Medal for Museum and Library service. One cannot get a higher honor for libraries and museums. In the whole of the US only 10 institutions receive this medal each year.

No comments:

Post a Comment